Monday, December 1, 2008

Year in review.






















What better way than to recap a year than through a slew of Poladroids? This has been quite a year. To say the very least and to be as cryptic and withdrawn as possible, as per usual: this has been one hell of a year. Pardon my French, Grandma. But it has. Good things are happening, again! Drex is coming on board at the bakery and we will be working side by side into the new year. Chopping and art talking and music dropping and so on. Drex is a very good guy and we have been friends for a few years now.

This time of year always causes a bit of upheaval in my day to day thought process. The coming holiday jazz is a source of anxiety--to be quite honest--even though I am usually happiest breaking bread and laughing around the table with my family at gatherings. Still, I get caught up in the rat race of gift buying and being strapped for scrilla never helps. It is like the ripping off of an old band-aid. Just do it, get in there, giver shit, get it done, faster, faster, faster. This year I will buy the obligatory fifty dollar ticket gifts but other than those, it is prints for all! I have been working on a final project for my class and am pretty happy with it so far. Check yer mailboxes homegirls and homeboys.

Other than the usual Christmas push and work jazz and printing and soup makery, all is well. There is not a Christmas decoration to be found in my humble abode but word has it that my mother has decked the halls and the papenate is already in icecream pails ready to be devoured. (Papenate [my low German lexicon leaves a bit to be desired] in attempted pinyin is a spiced miniature Christmas cookie that looks questioningly identical to that of bulk dog food). Every year I am skeptical about eating it, and every year I end up eating an entire pail. While I wouldn't say I am feeling quite up to par in the "Festive" category, I am getting there. Tonight my little lady Rabbi (Rebecca) is coming over for the annual "It is December first, and thus we must eat by candlelight" dinner. God knows what I will make. Maybe bow tie pasta with italian sausage with fennel and fresh spinach. I am sure she won't mind breaking veg for an annual hoo-ha of this sort, chez moi. She better; there will be candles after all!

Here is a year in review. Sort of, time allowing. In no particular order, sans captions. These are people, in places, with things that have influenced me in some way or other.

































2 comments:

Danika said...

i know your offer to swap art was a bit of an afterthought, but if there ever comes a day i whip up something worthy, i'd love to own one of your photos! i've been creeping on all sorts of your gems via facebook for months and months and you've got heaps of talent for the capture!!
let's keep our peoples in touch and maybe one day it will happen.
i hope so.

Dick said...

pfeffernusse! my favourite part of elementary school.