Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Photographic suicide.

Blown up photographs laid out just so across three apartment floors. Familiar heads are bent over in examination, trying hard to conjure up something, anything. Constructive criticism cuts like the sharpest knife and yet I still am able to walk away from it all feeling grateful for these people brave enough to clear their throats and pinpoint what doesn't work, and what does. The show my work will be showcased in is a mere nine days away and I feel like I am free falling. My body feels like it was pushed out of a plane, a million feet above sea level; kicked in the behind by a fifty-something man's Reebok and I am heading straight for solid earth with nothing to break my fall except the sheer excitement of the unknown. I cried openly, blatantly in Para Mix today while showing my sister my enlargements. Customers stared, I didn't care.

Nervousness translates.

I am excited. If anything, I hope this translates.

1 comment:

jj. said...

je sais que vos photos sont belles comme toi; tu irai bien. il n'y a aucune raison de crainte.

beaucoup d'amour de l'est,
JJ.