Saturday, October 25, 2008

Frin and Fran.

Had a bachelorette this evening. It was all around mellow. Ran into Billy and Megs, we had a round of drinks in fellowship. It was nice. Skipped out early on the bachelorette thanks to a crisis at the shop in the Exchange involving three ballin' bartenders from Brandon. They were nice about the fact that I sent one of their bags filled with three hundred dollars worth of purchases home with a family from the country. Oops. Long story short, we figured it out and Erin presented me with a new pair of glasses intended for Christmas. She knew I could never wait that long. (I can NEVER wait that long). She can never wait that long.

Thanks sug, I am pysched on these glasses.

Last night I sat cross-legged against Katie and Rabbi while watching a babe bluegrass band called The Magnificent Sevens play. It was magical. Alfie biked beside me all the way home. It was nice. Richard was there, slipping Joni M albums onto my turntable. Andrew and Alfie were there too. Rebecca and I kneeled in the kitchen laughing hysterically over nothing and everything. It was really nice. A sociopath and I shot the shit in front of one hundred disastrous people dancing at Whiskey Dicks. They stared, we stared. Us in our slim fit jeans and cotton t shirts and leather jackets, them in their short jersey dresses and popped double collars and the frosted tips. Two worlds divided by a single fence. It was (kind of) nice.

Going to watch 'American Beauty' alone. It's just that kind of Saturday night.
These are my new glasses. Thanks Frin. Love you.

Frances.

2 comments:

jj. said...

beautiful. always beautiful. i love you and miss you. i was awoke at 4 am last night to a text message read out by my answering machine. my initial thought was "not a fucking telemarketer" but upon waking I was joyed to hear "im going to be Amish for halloween". put on that sac and fly here asap. i need you like i need my umbrella in the rain out here. i'll be some form of religious literature that you can carry around with your ensemble. if i were in winnipeg tonight i would be buried deep in your bed watching films later and later into the night. instead, i am here inside the dark of my spotless room reminiscing of summer and girls that i once filmed mooning passerbys. we are each others company in spirit tonight. je t'aime.

xoxo jj.

Andrew said...

love the eyewear