Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Real McCoy.

I am thinking about Drex today, after scoping his Daily Failure art blog. After going through my recently developed trip photographs, I settled on the one below as my favorite of the batch. Or at least high ranking in the skimmings from the cream of the crop. Drex, if I owned a fax machine accompanied with a landline and knew you owned the same, you would wake up to this photo tomorrow. You already knew that.

It is Sunday and the day before my wisdom teeth are set to be removed. "I wanna wreck my stockings in some jukebox dive" was the last line that registered and stuck in my brain like a bee to the hive, a broken record, a loop of eternity as I wrote this sentence. Maybe it was ten minutes ago, who knows. Bread dough is being made to my right and my eyes are dancing between the screen and the collection of art supplies gathering dust on the window sill to my left. Both are presenting some sort of pressure just by looking back-and-forth between the two; not nagging, just a persistent consciousness.

I will record more later, right now just looking around and listening is enough. Here is that picture. A teaser and preview to the rest that will be posted when I am not under any other pressure to perform. One can only juggle a few things in the multitask dance at once. Sit tight for there is more to come; this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Best regards, Franny.

No comments: