Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baby machine (someday).

Alas, I am home.

I woke up with the birds this morning and cleaned my entire house from top to bottom, barefoot. It felt nice to walk around naked again. Erin called me in the early hours and we arranged to meet for a greasy spoon breakfast. I wanted something cooked home-style and so we settled on Stella's without much debate. We met our brilliant English teacher from high-school sitting with her husband and three month old baby. She and they were babing out to say the least. There is something to be said for holding a three month old baby. I couldn't help but let a quiet "I want one" slip out while in the presence of this magical child, Milan. She is going to break hearts with her jet black hair someday. You think spending a month nannying two kids under eight would be birth control enough. I guess not.

My cousin Kristy had a new baby bird named Norah Marie this week. She too will break hearts someday. I have yet to see her, but you can just tell--even from day old pictures. It is nice to be home even though I seem to be suffering from a severe case of baby fever. I guess this is just my weird withdrawal without Tristan and Madi. I miss them.

Pictures will be up soon. The photos posted are of random babies, just because I felt they deserved some spotlight. Share the wealth, you know.

I am not pregnant, Grandma. I just really, really like babies.

Best, Mother.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel buddy, How goes it. I found your blog which is awosme by the way. I remember guatemala and we had to watch you to make sure you didn't steal any babies. oh boy good times.
How have you been? Hopefully ill see you around some time.

Josh

Brittany said...

i also get baby-itis when around little ones - there's just something about them...?

Darla McFarlane said...

You are too kind. But I will be calling you to take advantage of your offer to baby sit, count on it.