Friday, July 11, 2008

Top bun.

I wish the woman in the picture was me. If only. I have never seen such a lovely combination of beauty and goodness on Facehunter before. Goodness gracious.























The the well of energy that makes me able to perform with sound mind in my double work schedule has run dry. Thirteen hour days are the new black and I am skeptical of this new pattern. Still, pressing on is a healthy option to keep my mind off other annoying things.

In other news, I bought Bonnie 'Prince' Billy's new album 'Lie Down in the Light' yesterday on both CD and LP and it is quite magical regardless of which speakers it pours out of. Last night's epic thunderstorm not only kept me awake for the duration, but also made me pine for an other, a Backstreet boy, a sister, a dad even; just someone to sit and keep close until the apocalyptic peals subsided. No one came and it felt good to remain calm in my absolute solitariness.

This excerpt is taken without permission off the new album by the brilliant Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (Rab, this is just a tip of the iceberg as to why the man behind this album is added to the forever growing 'Dream Husband To Be' roster).

What's missing is
Some kind of pillow
Some loving willow
Some care once denied
Now dissolved inside

What's plenty is
One God
Six tongues
Five breaths
Four lungs

What's rhythm is
Plenty of things missing
Steps taken, lips kissing
New harmony on an
Awesome scale
Meat against meat
Under sail

2 comments:

Andrew said...

you're cooler than her

Stefanie said...

enchanting blog miss