Sunday, July 29, 2007

Peach Plum Pear.

Today, while at work at Fresh Café, a semi-deaf elderly gentleman in a plaid waistcoat came in and sat himself in my meagre section. At eighty-four he had the sparkliest eyes I had ever seen. We flirted relentlessly; him over the rim of his ever-empty coffee cup and me batting modest eyelashes through lensless frames. We had to yell and hand signal at one another in order to make a proper breakfast order and I blushed whenever he grabbed for my giant hands. While the situation was a tad unconventional in terms of age gap, I (kind of) fell in love today. It was a nice lesson to learn. He winked and called me 'Missy' and I felt gangly and very young and a feeling that was half foreign and half familiar. I thought it was worth writing.

Today I really miss Yosh. This is for him (come home [soon]).

Love, Cindy Forever



No comments: