Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oriental Express

My good friend and cousin (two in one) left us all for China this morning. I never got to hug and bid him adieu properly, but James isn't that kind of guy. No balloons, cardboard signs, paper streamers, or urgent arm waving at the airport is ever necessary with him. I admire that trait because I know I need it. James, I admire you with a severity that goes beyond the call of duty as a family member; I admire you for your pure goodness as a friend.

A simple adieu and godspeed to you, homme. Go get 'em 'jeunes. Trap their little hearts with your shabby Mandarin, your willowy limbs, and your surprisingly giant laugh and then bring one home. Everybody knows Asian babies are the best looking babies. I might be a little biased.

I love you, Meg.

ps: This is James, he is unreal.





No comments: